Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Let them do the talking!

At the start of the new quarter, I started feeling frustrated that my students could not carry on basic conversations in Spanish.  My fifth hour class particularly sets me on edge because they are very smart, just lazy and prefer to chat in English and talk over me during PQA.  So I decided to try a partner-based activity.  It actually worked pretty well, I think because:

1) It was a break from the novel we've been heavily focusing on
2) It was a chance for them to be social and feel like they were having "real" Spanish conversations
3) I had just assigned them new table partners so they actually didn't know a lot about one another

Attached is the project requirements and some sample interview questions.  I had the students doing a lot of question generation and mini interviews leading up to the day I handed out the project requirements.  

What I liked about this assignment is that they took it a little more seriously because they were writing about someone other than themselves.  

Appropriate for advanced level one, level two.


I'm going to post things on TpT from now on.  Everything I create will be free until I create something really amazing and original.  Stay tuned :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment