Thursday, October 4, 2012

It takes a village to raise a teacher

I am convinced that is takes the support of an entire network of amazing master teachers to raise a novice teacher.

Where would I be without the assurance that it gets easier?  The countless tips I've received by the copy machine?

I have met some truly selfless people in this profession that would do anything to help a struggling new teacher.  They offer lesson plans, talk classroom management strategies, bring you cups of coffee, or offer to watch your class for you so you can run to the bathroom quickly.  They even offer to meet up with you outside of school time (gasp!) and mentor you. 

It truly takes a village to raise a teacher.  I only hope one day I can be as much of a service to young teachers as my mentors were to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment